The goal of Labdoo is to break barriers so that education can reach out to all the regions of the world. A key to overcoming these barriers is the capability to write documents not just in one language but in as many as possible. To that end, the Labdoo wiki system provides a few simple functions facilitating the translation of any wiki doc into any other language. If you find a relevant wiki page or book that is not available in your language, we encourage you to take action and start a translation on your own.
Here are the steps to translate a wiki page or book:
- Go to 'Wiki' tab and select 'Add new content'. (Your account needs to have the role 'book writer' in order for this link to be activated. If you don't have that role enabled, send an email to email@example.com soliciting that role. You can check the list of roles assigned to your account by going to 'My account' and then clicking the tab 'My roles'.)
- Enter the translated title of the wiki page or book you are translating.
- In the field 'Language', select the language you are translating to. If your language does not show up in the list, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that it can be added.
- Select the option 'It's a translation'.
- In the field 'Original book', select the original page or book that you are translating.
- In the 'body' field, translate the original body. It may simplify here to copy and paste the 'body' field of the original page into this field because this way you will be able to re-utilize all the HTML tags. To do so, on a separate browser tab, go to the original source page that you are translating, click on 'Edit' (as a wiki editor, you will have access to the 'Edit' tab), copy the 'body' field from there and paste it into your translated 'body' field. You can then exchange the words and sentences from the source language to the target language without altering the HTML tags.
- Just like any other book, in the field 'Book', select 'Create a new book' if this is the first page you are translating, or select the title of the translation book if otherwise.
- Select also the 'Parent item' appropriately.
Continue reading to the next page:
Publishing and Unpublishing
Go back to read the previous page:
Creating Internal Links