Dear Labdooers around the world,
Together we have already accomplished so much by providing educational laptops to more than 1400 schools in more than 125 countries reaching to almost 500,000 students. Yet we know that even much more can be achieved if we continue to work together doing one or more actions from the list of things you can do to spread education. Our plan is clear: we will not stop until all children in the planet have access to powerful laptops equipped with high quality educational content.
As we make sustainable progress towards this goal, please continue sharing the Labdoo Stories with your friends, colleagues, and others on how they can contribute (10 minutes a month or 10 hours a month) that best fit their time… because whatever contribution you make will definitely impact many students and schools around the world!
- Tag a laptop. Do you have a laptop or a tablet that you no longer use? Consider donating it to a Labdoo school to help bring education to a child. All you need to do is 'tag it' by going to the this link and filling in the form to register your donated laptop. Then contact your closest Labdoo Hub and bring your laptop there so it can be sanitized and installed with education packages. Tagging a laptop will only take you 5 minutes, but if you don't have that time, then simply drop your laptop at your closest Labdoo Hub and a Labdoo volunteer will tag it for you!
- Help carry a laptop in your next trip. Are you traveling? then consider bringing one or two sanitized laptops/tablets in your luggage to your destination. By re-purposing your trip to help move laptops around the globe, at Labdoo we accomplish our mission of spreading education to schools without adding any new CO2 emissions to the Planet and without any economic cost. We call this collaborative way of transporting objects around the world 'dootrips'. Here is a list of Labdoo hubs from where you can pick up sanitized laptops, and here is a list of target school destinations where they can be delivered. You can register your dootrip by going to this link.
- Help spread the word. A great way to help spread the Labdoo awareness is to explain the Labdoo story to your friends, family, class mates, or co-workers. You can read the About Labdoo page and you can watch this video to learn how the Labdoo Aid Social Network works and to get an idea of how together we can help make Education a universal right. You can also create your own local campaigns to spread awareness and mobilize your local community by using the material (logos, flyers, posters, etc.) that you will find in the Labdoo Toolkit. Lastly, you can share the journey of your 'dootrips' (delivering the laptops to local schools or 'edoovillage') through your social media like Instagram - follow and tag @labdoo_org in Instagram!
- Do you own or work for a company? Check out Labdoo's CSR package. Companies can play a key role when it comes to helping those that are most in need. If you own or work for a corporation, consider helping the cause of spreading education around the globe by implementing one of the modules described in the Labdoo Corporate Social Responsibility Package.
- Create your own hub. If you have more time and the determination to help children reach education, you can also create your own Labdoo hub. Labdoo hubs can be created at home, at work, at high schools, at universities, at your NGO, you name it. The idea is simple: with your own hub, you will be able to create your own local campaigns to collect unused laptops and to host your own laptop sanitation events. If you are interested in creating a hub, email Labdoo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rescue and recycle a broken laptop. It is as important to help education by using laptops as to keep our planet clean from electronic waste. Do you know of a laptop that is broken and can no longer be fixed, nor be used for educational purposes? Then it is time to recycle it! Find the closest recycling facility to your place and bring the laptop so its components can be properly disposed, starting a new cycle of life.
- Help translate the Labdoo.org social network into other languages. The goal of Labdoo is to break barriers so that education can reach out to every corner of the world. A key to overcoming these barriers is the capability to write documents and tools in as many languages as possible. Whether you have just 5 minutes, 1 hour, or more time, you can help the platform by contributing a translation. Even if you only have a little bit of time, you can still help with the translation of a small portion, as the sum of many little efforts can make a big difference. Everything counts when it comes to spreading education. If you are interested, contact the Labdoo Team at email@example.com. See also the Translations Brochure.
Please follow our global Instagram and Facebook pages to continuously see how your contributions have been impacting and improving the education around the world! Thank you for spreading education around the world!
The Labdoo Team