This section describes how to use the file manager SpaceFM to clone images with just 2 clicks.
- Double-click to start the file manager SpaceFM.
- Mount the drive on which the images for cloning are located.
- For external USB drives: plug it in, the drive appears with a - in front of it, then click on the entry and the "-" becomes a "+".
- On a server: Plugins→MountShare→Scan and manually enter the IP address of the server, if necessary select Share from the list, User and Passwort→Mount.
- The drive / server is now mounted, i.e. the computer has access to it.
- Open the folder with the images.
- Right click on the folder containing the image to be installed.
- Click on "Labdoo Image Installer" in the displayed functions list.
- In the next window:
- Put a checkmark at "Shred sda" (hard disk will be overwritten 3 times) or remove it (hard disk will not be deleted),
- Optional: enter host ID, if already known (otherwise this can be changed after restart)
- The image is now copied to the internal hard disk sda.
- At the end GParted opens for control to display the finished partition on sda. The whole hard disk should be available. Close GParted. In rare cases the automatic adjustment of the partition does not work. Then it can be adjusted manually.
- The window with the installation's confirmation will appear, confirm with "ok" and close.
- The installation will be confirmed in the terminal, then close with ''Enter''.
- The installation is complete. Labtix can be shut down with "Poweroff" or "Save Poweroff" and the computer can be restarted.
Continue reading to the next page:
Autodeploy (autodeploy.sh) method
Go back to read the previous page:
Connecting to the Labdoo FTP server