When creating a new hub, send this welcome message to the new hub managers. Copy the message below into an email, substitute the keywords $HUBMANAGERNAME and $LINKTOTHENEWHUB for the name of the hub managers and the URL link to their newly created hub, respectively, and then send the message to the hub managers.
Thank you for joining Project Labdoo as a Hub Manager and welcome aboard. Here is a link to your hub:
Please review the following information to make sure it is correct.
- If there is any mistake in your hub page, please edit it yourself by clicking on the icon "Edit this hub" that you will find on the right column of your hub page above.
- Feel free to include additional information about your hub under the field "About this hub" that you will also find when clicking on the "Edit this hub" page.
- Take one or more pictures of your Labdoo hub team (for instance, take pictures about your hub location and the people that form the hub) and upload them under your hub photo album. The following page explains how to upload pictures to your hub: https://www.labdoo.org/content/uploading-pictures-your-hub
As a hub manager, you will have access to additional tools within the Labdoo system to help you manage your dootronics/edoovillages/dootrips inventories and to help organize your outreaching campaigns.
Here is some information to get you started:
- General information on how to manage your hub: https://www.labdoo.org/content/information-labdoo-hubs-laptop-collection...
- The general Labdoo toolkit will give you access to flyers, automated template responses, logos, etc: https://www.labdoo.org/content/labdoo-toolkit
- As a hub manager, you can configure notifications to detect activity in your area such as tagged laptops or dootrips being registered. Follow the instructions in this page to configure these automatic notifications: https://www.labdoo.org/content/managing-your-hub-notification-triggers
- You can download logos to create your Labdoo outreaching campaigns from here: https://www.labdoo.org/content/labdoo-logos
- The simple laptop sanitation guide: https://www.labdoo.org/content/sanitation-guide-simple-method
- Or if you are even more courageous, here is the advanced laptop sanitation guide: https://www.labdoo.org/content/sanitation-guide-advanced-method
- If you are a dropping point, in this link you will find the tagging protocol you need to follow: https://www.labdoo.org/content/dropping-point-hubs-tagging-protocol
- The Labdoo poster: https://www.labdoo.org/content/labdoo-story-poster
- The hubs quick brochure: https://www.labdoo.org/content/labdoo-hub-brochure
- The official video explaining the collaborative project Labdoo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMLAoeq0T54
- If you are a business, on this page you will find the Corporate Social Responsibility package: https://www.labdoo.org/content/labdoos-corporate-social-responsibility-c...
- If you are a school Hub, on this page you will find examples of letters you can send to parents to help mobilize unused laptops: https://www.labdoo.org/content/sample-outreach-letters-school-hubs
- Here is a summary of the 'Good Labdoo Habits' (GLITs): https://www.labdoo.org/content/glits-good-labdoo-habits
- And remember that to tag a laptop, you need to go to the menu option "Dootronics" and click on "Tag It": https://www.labdoo.org/node/add/laptop
Thank you once again for joining the Labdoo cause and happy tagging to you and all your hub teammates!
The Labdoo Team
Continue reading to the next page:
Asking your friends for a dootrip
Go back to read the previous page: