For the September workshop, we plan to be more focus on cleaning up the storage room and getting the semi-working laptops fixed. Therefore, we will make it an internal event instead of publicly announced.
We have a long list of todo list needs people’s commitment if you’d like to help but are not interested in fixing the laptops.
1. Tagging the laptop
2. Matching/organizing the power adapter
3. Helping organize the storage room
4. Checking to see if the software is installed correctly
5. Taking event pictures/videos, keeping track of the monthly progress, and help with FB posting
6. Providing refreshments
If you are into fixing the laptops, please invest and bring in your own set of laptop fixing tools. Below is a minimum set to get the job done.
1. Salcar USB 3.0 Hard Drive Case for 2.5 Inch SATA HDD (DO NOT BY "Sabrent". This brand will not work with our laptops most of the time. "Salcar" works and you may also try your luck if you prefer other brands.)
2. 90w Universal Ac Laptop Charger Power Adapter for Hp Compaq Dell Acer Asus Toshiba IBM Lenovo Samsung Sony Fujitsu Gateway Notebook
3. Laptop Screwdriver Set Magnetic Pen Style
The following items will be provided at the workshop
1. Hard Drives with Labdoo Installation Image
2. Parted Magic CDs
3. Spare parts (eg. Hard Drives, Memories)
On behalf of the children who benefitted from Labdoo laptops, we thank you for your always great support!
~The Labdoo-OC Team