If you have a printer directly connected to your Labdoo computer (via USB or a Centronics cable), you can share access to the printer from other computers via a local network. To do so you need to use CUPS (Common Unix Printing System) as follows.
Configuring the Labdoo computer attached to the printer:
- Open the web browser and type the URL address http://localhost:631
- On the admin page http://localhost:631/admin/ select “Share printers connected to this system”.
- Select under ”Printers” the connected printer.
- Click on the menu “Administration” and on “Printer”.
- Leave “Actual connection” unchanged → Proceed → select “Allow access to this printer / share”.
- Optional: add a name for the place of installation → Proceed → Change settings.
Showing the printer on other Labdoo computers connected via the network:
- Open the web browser and type the URL address http://localhost:631/admin
- Select the option “Show printers shared by other systems” → Change settings.
After this you should see the printer in the menu “Printer". Maybe you have to wait a little bit before the printer is shown or re-load the page http://localhost:631/admin/.
Continue reading to the next page:
Configuring the Bios
Go back to read the previous page:
Add a 2nd Disk Drive